Re: Strange behaviour of static declared content.

Joshua Bacher wrote:

>> nathan@devel ~/working/www/siuConference $ php testScript.php
>> FUBeyondAllR
>> already defined
>> FUBeyondAllR
>>
>> -nathan
>
> thats the solution for the wrong problem. it's not up to me to change
> the API. the API is designed like i noted and i need a way to get around
> this behaviour.
>
> thanks for your idea any further suggestions?

As far as I know you can't change it. The static variable you need to
adjust is inside the function, not the class and thus it is
fundamentally not accessible outside of the function.

Even creating a new foo() class will not allow you to adjust the value
of $foobar inside the bar() method.

Col