Re: Two MySQL instances in one server

On 10/15/07, Matt Arnilo S. Baluyos (Mailing Lists)
<matt.baluyos.lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have tried this once but PHP can only connect to one MySQL server
> because it can only read one socket file at a time.

are you sure? I am using multiple datasources (not socket ones) but I
see absolutely no reason there would be a limit. Are you sure you had
all the right paths?

I run multiple mysql instances on each of my mysql servers - each
client of mine has their own. I use mysqlmanager as the angel process
to manage them, restart them, etc. It's included in MySQL 5.x
nowadays. much better than having to tweak initscripts. But it can
easily be done from both sides.