How to convert URL's to Links in User posted text in forms ?

Hi,
I am trying to display as links the url's posted in the forms
<textarea> at my site valueads_dot_biz

I am removing all codes and special chars when they post to avoid any injection

but when i retrive back form the database and display
I want to find the url's in the text and display as clickable links.

I found many examples in the php manual and on the web..

but still having hiccups

I'd like some suggestions form you people.

Regards
Hemanth
Bangalore, India