Re: Classes - Dumb question

""Jay Blanchard"" <jblanchard@xxxxxxxxxx> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:56608562F6D5D948B22F5615E3F57E6903580721@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[snip]
First of all what you call "normal" is procedural or functional
programming. There is nothing wrong with doing things this way and may
be
especially quick and efficient when doing basic web sites and
applications.
Document well and you will have no problem maintaining your code.

One correction.  What is being described is procedural or imperative
programming.  Functional programming is another beast entirely
(closures,
first-class functions, immutable variables, etc.).  PHP is not a
functional
language by any stretch of the imagination.  For functional programming,
see
Erlang, Haskel, ML, LISP, and to a lesser extent Javascript.
[/snip]

Thanks for the correction Larry, I knew the difference and just brain
farted.

Thanks guys,

I will try to test some of this stuff for my new project... could be fun from what I have seen so far.

Cheers!

Chris