Re: exit and ob_*

On 10/12/07, Andrew Ballard <aballard@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 10/12/07, Philip Thompson <philthathril@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I suppose this isn't a big deal during production, but during testing
> it's
> > really frustrating. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why 'exit' is
> > functioning (no pun intended) this way? Note: I do want what's currently
> in
> > the buffer to be sent to the browser, so I don't want to have to call
> > ob_clean. Any thoughts?
>
> I don't know about the behavior, but if you want the contents to be
> sent, you can flush them using ob_flush() instead of clearing them
> with ob_clean().
>
> Andrew

That's the issue. The contents from the super page (index.php) ARE being
flushed. However, the contents of the sub-pages are NOT being flushed -
nothing is displayed. That's why this is weird. "Some" of the buffer is
flushed, but not the whole thing. Or, the contents of the sub-pages are
making it into the buffer (which makes no sense - size is definitely not an
issue).

However, I did call ob_flush to see if this would work. Nope. It didn't make
a difference. But this makes sense b/c the contents of the super-page are
already flushed. Blegh!!!

This is frustrating. Is happy hour here yet?!

~Philip