Best way to automatically get mySQL database.

hi guys.

We've got a local system (PHP intranet) and we need to connect to a live mySQL server get some of the tables (contents) and overwrite the same tables in the local mySQL database. This needs to be done with PHP.

Im wondering the best to do this.

Is it to get all the information into result sets for each table and then delete the contents of each local table and then looping through the result sets just insert the information into the local tables? This seems like a good solution but I wonder if there are any out there before going ahead with development.

Let me know your views etc...

Thanks in advance

Angelo Zanetti
Systems developer