Re: How to format CLI tabular data?

Daevid Vincent wrote:
I write many CLI scripts in PHP to clean up DB records, etc via crontab
scripts. Often though, I implement command line switches to 'debug' or see
various data as a precaution before actually purging.

Perl has some neat tools built in to format tabular data:
http://www.usenix.org/publications/perl/perl08.html

Does PHP have any tools like this?

The PEAR class Console_Table will do this for you.

I'd prefer not to pull in some PEAR
package or other bloat

PEAR does not automatically mean bloat. It does however automatically mean less work for you.

--
Richard Heyes
+44 (0)800 0213 172

Knowledge Base and HelpDesk software