Re: Sending lots of emails - 2 choices - choose the best one

Philip Thompson wrote:
On 10/7/07, Stut <stuttle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I would recommend avoiding the use of BCC from PHP.

Why avoid Bcc from PHP?

Note that this applies to all automated sending, not just from PHP.

It depends on how it's sending the mail. I've come across configurations where the first mail server it hits refuses to send it because there are so many BCC recipients.

You are also more likely to fall foul of antispam systems because the To address is not the same as the address the recipient.

IMHO the only legitimate use for BCC in an automated system is to have a copy sent to you for debugging/monitoring purposes.

Of course this is just my experience-based opinion.

-Stut

--
http://stut.net/