To: <php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, October 08, 2007 5:27 PM
Subject: RE:  Socket how to die if connection broken

But if the socket connection gets broken it creates an error msg

Warning: socket_write(): unable to write to socket [32]: Broken pipe in
Warning: socket_write(): unable to write to socket [32]: Broken pipe in
Warning: socket_write(): unable to write to socket [32]: Broken pipe in

That spills out for thousands and thousands of lines.

What would I need for the script to die if the connection gets broken.

It's just sitting around, gets broken, then outputs those errors?

Do you check that it is a valid socket before you attempt a write?