Re: Sessions running out of storage space - Increase memory?

Dan wrote:

> After thinking about this a while I also thought of making my own
> cache. The problem with that is would it be any faster or have any
> less strain on the server than having multiple requests/connections to
> the database?

A lot depends on the amount of data and the overall load on the
web-server.
If you do the query once, then store the result in a file, and then keep
reading that file for the next <cachetime> seconds, the file will most
probably remain in memory, so accessing it will be fast and without IO.

/Per Jessen, Zürich