Re: PHP and daylight savings

I discovered that we needed to update the php_timezonedb.dll.  This worked fine on our servers and time is now correct.  But in my dev environment on my machine, when I put the same dll in (with the same version of PHP), I get a CGI error when PHP tries to do anything.  Anyone know why?

Regards,

Bruce

>>> "Bruce Cowin" <bdc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 1/10/2007 11:02 a.m. >>>
I'm using PHP 5.1.2 on IIS.  Here in New Zealand, our daylight savings started a week earlier than usual and went into affect this past weekend.  The time on my machine is correct.  The timezone settings on my machine are correct.  But if I display the time on a PHP page, it is 1 hour behind.  Setting the timezone with date_default_timezone_set() doesn't make any difference.  If I display the time on an ASP page, it shows the correct time so it can't be an IIS problem I don't think.

Why would PHP be showing the time as if it hadn't changed?  Where is it getting the time from?  Here is the code I'm using:

	date_default_timezone_set('Pacific/Auckland');
	echo "time is " . date("h:i:s");

Regards,

Bruce