Session problem

Hi,
I have two problems with sessions.
Firstly, even though session limit is set on default value on server,which is about 5 hours, if I don't take any action for about 15 mins Iam thrown out and I have to log in again. Are there any additionfunctions which I can use in order to explicitly specify sessionlifetime?
Secondly, after a certain period of time, while I am logged in, pagejust freezes and it indicates that it is trying to load. Page staysfrozen all the time. At that moment, the only solution is to clearprivate data in the browser. After that, I am logged out and I canregulary log in and procede to work normally. It doesn't happend evrytime I log in, but once in while.
I have only used functions such as session_start()  and session_destroy.
Thanks for your help,Dušan
- -made by Dusan