Re: [Fwd: Attachment Size and Memory limit with php and FC6 System]

Jim Lucas wrote:

edwardspl@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

post_max_size = 10M
max_execution_time = 3600 ; Maximum execution time of each script, in
seconds
max_input_time = 3600 ; Maximum amount of time each script may spend
parsing request data
memory_limit = 512M ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume
file_uploads = On
upload_max_filesize = 8M

But For IMP Display result :

1, Maximum Attachment Size: 2,097,152 bytes ( only 2MB ??? )
Not sure what Maximum Attachment Size is referring to. Never heard of
that setting

Where are you getting #1 reading from? Are you sure that isn't a
preset limit in Horde?

2, Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to
allocate 1519127 bytes) in
/home/itawm/html/horde/lib/Horde/MIME/Part.php on line 1027 ( limit 8MB
??? )
your file upload was larger then 8MB... ?? What is confusing about this?

Mine is Linux FC6 System...

Many thanks your help !

Edward.

Hello Jim,

Are you using the imp with FC6 also ?
no

If so, have you meet this kind of problem ?
no

Any more help or idea for me ?
Not at this time since you didn't answer my questions about Horde.

Many thanks !

Edward.
it looks like PHP is doing exactly what it should be doing.  I read that you tried uploading a file
that was larger then the 8MB limit.  That is a PHP error you showed us.

How and where is the #1 error show to you?

Never mind, I took 30 seconds and had Google tell me.

http://www.google.com/search?q=imp+%22maximum+attachment+size%22+site%3Awiki.horde.org

Check it out here

http://wiki.horde.org/FAQ/Admin/Config?referrer=FAQ%2FAdmin#

About two thirds the way down the page it will give you the answer the my initial question.

" How can I configure IMP's maximum attachment size? "

*  man they should insert anchor tags so someone can link directly to what we are referring to

It is not PHP that is setting the limit.  2MB is the default for the "maximum attachment size"
Hello Jim,

I have ever tried to set upload_max_filesize = 8MB...
But it is still Maximum Attachment Size: 2,097,152 bytes

Many thanks for your help !

Edward.

Ok, let me explain this last time.

the 8MB limit is set in php

the 2MB limit is set in horde

if you do not run your own server, your ISP probably set the PHP setting

And the horde 2MB limit is the default attachment size

I wasn't going to say it earlier, but google your friend.

http://us2.php.net/manual/en/ini.core.php#ini.upload-max-filesize

The default for upload_max_filesize is 2MB, so someone must have changed it at some point. And if you didn't change/set it, I'm going to guess you are using an ISP that did.

--
Jim Lucas

    "Perseverance is not a long race;
        it is many short races one after the other"

Walter Elliot

    "Some men are born to greatness, some achieve greatness,
        and some have greatness thrust upon them."

Twelfth Night, Act II, Scene V
    by William Shakespeare