Re: PDOStatement execute memory issue?

No, the faxes aren't 4GB. Most of the faxes are less than 50KB, although they can be as large as a few MB. 4GB is a ridiculous amount of memory to try to allocate for this. 4GB is the max that 32bit versions of Windows can see. Is something causing the memory allocation to loop until it reaches this maximum value?

When I execute the same SQL in the MS SQL management studio interface, I get the expected resultset.

When I change the where clause portion in the prepared statement from "WHERE id = :id AND attid = :attid" to contain "WHERE id = 119085977300014 AND attid = 0" and comment out my bindValue() lines, I get the exact same memory allocation error in my PHP script.

I have isolated the problem to the query against the attdata column. If I remove the attdata column from the query, the query executes just fine. It may be worth noting this is an 'image' type column.

Could this be some bug in the way PHP, PDO, ODBC, and/or MS SQL are communicating? Maybe 'image' columns aren't being handled correctly? I'm fairly certain my code is correct. I appreciate all of your comments.

Has anyone even tried querying an 'image' type column out of MS SQL 2005 using PDO ODBC?

Regards,
Carlton Whitehead