read the main domain cookie in sub domain

Hi,

Assume, I have www.domain.com <http://www.domain.com/>  in which I wrote the
functionality for user authentication and his profile related functionality.

Now, when user logs in using http://www.domain.com/users/login.php then
after his successful login a session as well as a cookie is getting created.

This will creates a cookie called myCookie123

Now I have my subdomain as http://sub.domain.com/index.php . here at the top
I am checking whether the user is logged in or not, for that I have to check
whether the cookie is created or not..

Here my problem is that, I am not getting the idea about, how to access or
read the cookie of http://www.domain.com <http://www.domain.com/>  from
http://sub.domain.com/. can anyone please suggest me how to achieve this.

Thanks In advance.

Warm Regards,