Re: split in to multiple pages ( pagination)

In news: Pine.LNX.4.64.0709151021110.30917@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Greg Donald  wrote :
>> On Sat, 15 Sep 2007, Joker7 wrote:
>>> I'm using the code below to display news articles-which works great
>>> apart from. I can control the number of articles,but I would like
>>> to add a link to the bottom of the page to the un-displayed
>>> articles ( nexted 5 articles and so on) any pointers would be most
>>> welcome as most know my PHP skills are not the best :).
>>
>> <?
>>
>>  $max_latest = 5;
>> $filename = "articlesum.php";
>>
>> #- open article
>> if(file_exists($filename)){
>>  $fh = fopen($filename, "r");
>>  $old_news = fread($fh, filesize($filename));
>>  fclose($fh);
>> }
>> #- get article
>> $articles = explode("<!--ARTICLE-->", $old_news);
>>
>> $i=0;
>> foreach ( $articles as $article ){
>>  if(count($articles)>$i){
>>   if($max_latest >= $i++){
>>    print $article;
>>   }
>>  }
>> }
>>

>> There's a bunch of how-tos and discussion on this topic already:
>>
>> http://google.com/search?q=php+pagination
>>
>> You have to manage a variable across page requests to keep track of
>> where you are.  Use that variable in your SQL as part of your
>> offset/limit parameters.
>>

>> --
>> Greg Donald
>> Cyberfusion Consulting
>> http://cyberfusionconsulting.com/

Thanks for the reply - I now know what it's called :)

I forgot to and it's a flat file system not the best but is ok for my needs.

I spent a couple of hours following link from google an not a sausage on
flat files :(

Chris