RE: Try to find a solution, when restart Apache with PHP Script

> I'm facing a serious problem with my application. I have a script write
> in PHP that starts in Internet Explorer, this script keep on running
> until a varible value change on my MySQL database.
> The problem is that when i restart Apache, the process child initalized
> isn't kill... then the apache can't be start because the script is use
> the port 80.
>
> To solve my problem, without change anything, the best would be that
> when i execute the script, it run on other port than the default 80...
> so this way apache could start...
> The is a way to redirect through php, so the script run on a diferent
> port?? Like change some line, or add on php.ini files?? or even in
> programming??

The TCP port used is configured by Apache. You can't change this in PHP. In
any case, I very much doubt it would solve your problem since it will still
be blocking on whatever port you use.

To resolve this issue, you need to work on why IE is holding the connection
open. Perhaps a better solution is to simply have the client poll a PHP
script to determine when desired condtion occurs.

Edward