Re: $ SERVER["REQUEST URI"] includes domain unexpectedly

junk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

In my old server running Apache 1.3 and PHP 4 this code will return just the URI as expected:

$_SERVER["REQUEST_URI"] = "/some-html-file.html"

In my new server with Apache 2 & PHP 4 this code returns the domain:

$_SERVER["REQUEST_URI"] = "/full-domain-name.com/some-html-file.html"

Does anyone know a way to change things so the code will not return the
domain name and whether this is because of PHP or Apache that I'm
suddenly getting the full domain name?

Windows, linux, Sun, etc...

Which version of PHP and Apache (old and new) exactly?

Sounds to me like the new system is running with a DNS redirect.

A friend of mine a month ago or so, had a similar setup.

He was using a DNS redirect to hit the correct page on a IIS server.

Poor mans way of doing virtual hosting.

Am I anywhere close?

--
Jim Lucas

    "Perseverance is not a long race;
        it is many short races one after the other"

Walter Elliot

    "Some men are born to greatness, some achieve greatness,
        and some have greatness thrust upon them."

Twelfth Night, Act II, Scene V
    by William Shakespeare