Re: html to xml?

On 9/12/07, Slith <slithone@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> i need to parse an html page for tabular data which i can then import
> into mysql so i thought converting the html to xml might be a feasible
> thing to do, however, other than using tidy from the command line i
> can't find a way to do this from php.
>
> does anyone know of any class (or other) that would allow me to do this?
> or maybe i just need a different approach.

use tidy.

i do it all the time. note that it does its best, but it will get to
xhtml at least; which is an xml compliant document. there's a pecl
module for it, or you can just install the command line and run
system() type calls too. http://tidy.sf.net

(that would be if this is a regular thing,  if it's a one time thing
then yeah... do what Edward suggested and just manually do it once.
sometimes you can't script things or it's too much effort... i've done
way too many migrations and you usually always have some manual work
:))