RE: RE: Re: PHP 5.2.3 - Segmentation fault (core dumped)

[snip]
> [snip]
> Anyway, I think it's exceptionally poor show by php to cause a
> segfault,
> probably due to user code.  I know it does it every now and then, and
> nobody has ever been interested in looking at the core dump.
> [/snip]
>
> The Dev team looks at core dumps all of the time to try to figure out
> bugs and other problems.

Whenever I've reported a core-dump (which I've stopped doing), nothing's
been done about it unless I've been able to produce a short script to
reproduce.
[/snip]

That is to be expected and is standard operating procedure for any
development team. In order to replicate the issue they have to duplicate
the action that caused the failure. You see that time and again on this
list as well....without the offending action all we can do is attempt to
guess at what was going on at the time of the failure. Diligent
trouble-shooting on your part would have gotten a much better response.
You could have likely isolated the code that caused the core dump (just
as we isolate problem code on this list...see yesterday's "SEARCHING for
an answer" thread), provided that to the dev team (as I have done
before) and gotten a response.