Re: PHP 5.2.3 - Segmentation fault (core dumped)

On 9/12/07, Daniel Brown <parasane@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 9/12/07, Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Migrating from v4 to v5 is not necessarily straight forward.
> > Depending on what features you've used, you may have to rewrite some of
> > your code.  For instance, we used the xslt sablotron interface, which
> > no longer exists in php5.  Had to rewrite, which as it turns out was
> > not too much effort, but I'm sure there are other more complex
> > examples.
>
>     While that's probable true, it wouldn't stop Apache from loading.
> At the far outside realm of possibility, user code could cause PHP to
> segfault and crash Apache, but when the httpd daemon is loading, it's
> not scanning the user scripts.
>
>     Zbigniew, when you're checking the version number, keep in mind
> that it's only for the CLI --- completely different from the Apache
> module.  Did you upgrade Apache in the process?  Because the core that
> was dumped was the Apache server's binary (httpd), which may indicate
> that it's pure coincidence with the PHP version upgrade.
>
> --
> Daniel P. Brown
> [office] (570-) 587-7080 Ext. 272
> [mobile] (570-) 766-8107
>
> Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day.  Then you'll find out he was
> allergic and is hospitalized.  See?  No good deed goes unpunished....

    Okay, I just re-read the original post and I see that the CLI is
actually segfault'ing, too.  I should really finish my first cup of
coffee before attempting to reply to the list.

    Are you using eAccelerator by chance?  I have that on a box with
5.0.4, but noticed problems with that when I used it in combination
with 5.2.3 (among other issues).