Re: Generating foldout menus in php

At 3:09 PM +0100 9/3/07, Richard Heyes wrote:
I'm looking for a way to generate dropdown/foldout menus (horizontal and
vertical) on the fly, but all the javascript solutions I've seen use
absolute or relative pixel positioning, which means I can't use them because
I don't know at the time of generating a specific menu item how many pixels
across or down the preceding items have already used. I'm currently using a
javascript menu that works really well, but all the top-level menu items
have to be preset with specific x-y pixel coordinates, and all the
subsequent items are then relative to the top-level items. So I can generate
the second-level and subsequent items on the fly but not the top-level
items. Is there a way to use css or dhtml or something else (maybe something
in javascript that I missed) to do this?

Is this: http://www.phpguru.org/static/dynContext.example.html what you mean?

--
Richard Heyes
+44 (0)800 0213 172

That doesn't do anything in my browser (Safari). Besides, I don't have a right click button.

That's one of the problems one runs into trying to make menus for all browsers.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------