Re: Reload page after form submit

On 30/08/2007, Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Wagner Garcia Campagner wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm building a web page just like a blog...
> >
> > Where the user input some information... (name, website and comment)
> >
> > This information is stored in a file...
> >
> > And then the page displays it...
> >
> > When the user access the page the first time, the information is
> > displayed correct...
> >
> > After the user submit the information, the page become outdated...
> > without this last information the user submitted...
> >
> > Is there a way to tell PHP to reload the page after the user submit
> > the information, so the page is always updated??
>
> After you've processed the POST request, you finish with something like
> this:
>
> header("HTTP/1.0 303 See other");
> header("Location: #");
> exit;

It needs a little bit more than that. The script to which the form has been
submitted knows about the $_POST data, once you Location: to another page
that gets forgotten. Just add a line like $_SESSION['lastFormSubmit'] =
$_POST just before the first header() call and you're fine.

--
Interpotential.com
Phone: +31615397471