Re: Disadvantages of output buffering

Emil Edeholt wrote:
Hi!

My php project would get a much cleaner code if I could set cookies anywhere in the code. So I thought of output buffering. But I can't find any articles on the cons of output buffering. I mean it most be a reason for it being off by default?

Kind Regards Emil Edeholt

The output buffering maybe would be unstable your php application in some cases. May be it so slowly in some versions of php and depend of the web server that you have mounted your php. And it uses memory this point is so clearly.

If you want to create cookies server/client "on the fly" you may need ajax, with this asynchronus requests you put headers and cookies instead, and use it on the fly in the browser if the http request is ok.

Are you know the session variables, maybe you need that.

Well, the desicion is yours. tell us what you want to do.

Cheers!!

Felipe Alcacibar