Re: ignore-user-abort and connection-handling

On Thu, August 23, 2007 12:04 pm, Jason Pruim wrote:
> One of these days someone is going to get sick of hearing from me,
> but until that day comes I have another question :)
>
> I asked on a MySQL list about wether it's better to have 1 database
> with many tables, or many databases with 1 table for my address list
> application I'm writing.
>
> One of the people there asked me about "terminating the TCP
> connections and ensuring that each PHP script runs to completion" to
> keep the database in good condition.
>
> He recommened looking at the ignore-user-abort and connection-
> handling functions in php...
>
> So now the question, Do I have to worry if a user hits the stop
> button in their browser before the script finishes? Will It corrupt
> the database or causing undo havoc to my system?
>
> This is far past my knowledge, so references to how I would use
> something like that properly would be greatly appreciated! :)

It won't corrupt your data.

It could tie up MySQL connections and make your server slower, I suppose.

I'm not sure that ignore_user_abort is actually going to help,
however...  Start reading, I guess.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?