Spam Post Defense / ID spam form posts

Can server1 receive a web page form post from remoteAttacker,
identify it as spam (or a DoS or DDoS attack),
hand off the socket to multiple threads on multiple servers owned by server1's owner, return multiple responses to remoteAttacker which normally would have been a single response returned by server1, so that server1 is not busy responding to remoteAttacker and is able to handle legitimate requests?

Technically?
Legally?

The boss doesn't want to use a CAPTCHA on the form but wants us to identify it without additional user input.

Also, can a form post be run through an email spam filter to identify it as spam?

Do you have any ideas to detect spam form posts?
I'm tracking the spam posts in an attempt to find a pattern I can use to detect them.