Re: keeping fields moving forward

Mike Ryan wrote:
I am creating a series of forms that collect information this covers 3
screens before I want to write it out to the database.  when I go from one
screen to the next I have tried hidden and readonly input boxes but the data
in the hidden and readonly fields from screen one do not make it to the
final page.

Is there a way to get the data from page one without letting the users
modify the information.  I guess I could write the data to the database but
how do I find the record number of the data I just wrote so that I can
update the information, will php tell me the record number? I am using php
5.2.1 and mysql 5.x

thanks for your help.

Are working with the data from Form 1 before going to form 2 and so forth?

If you are not, then you could look into a three layered div with tabs and keep it all on one page.

--
Jim Lucas

   "Some men are born to greatness, some achieve greatness,
       and some have greatness thrust upon them."

Twelfth Night, Act II, Scene V
    by William Shakespeare