Re: adding "Back to Search results" link

Lets just say that option wouldn't be a great moment in design history

"Bastien Koert" <bastien_k@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

what about hadding the search form elements to the results page and letting
the users search right from there

bastien> To: php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> From: dmoon3@xxxxxxxxxx> Date: Wed,
15 Aug 2007 15:44:46 -0500> Subject: Re:  adding "Back to Search
results" link> > Jim and Brad.> > Thanks for the feedback. I was thinking it
was something simple like a back > button. But the problem that arises when
I use this method is on Form 3.> > If I go through the steps, and make a
change to an item on Form 3. Then use > the <a
href="javascript:history.go(-2);">Return to search >
results</a>.....everything works fine.> But if I dont make any changes to
Form 3. then this takes me all the way > back to the search page.> > People
in my group use this form to update database information for a number > of
items. Once they make changes, they would like to go back to the search >
results, instead of having to run the same search again and again.> > > > >
"Jim Lucas" <lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message >
news:46C361B8.8040604@xxxxxxxxxxxx> > Derek Moon wrote:> >> I am trying to
imporve a web application that my group uses.> >>> >> Basically there are 3
forms that work together Form 1 > form 2> >>> >> Form 1 - searchs for
enterend values> >> Form 2 - returns search results, letting you
individually select any item> >> Form 3 - lets you edit a specific
individual item> >>> >> I want to make a link on the Form 3 that returns you
to form Form 2> >> basically a "Back to Search results" link.> >>> >> I'm
thinking that there is a way to pass the query string, but I am a > >>
newbie and I'm not sure that I am going about this the right way.> >>> >>
Anyone have any advice or knowledge to share?> >> > I would personally just
use the back button. Isn't that what it is there > > for?> >> > But
seriously, if you changed the method on Form 1 to use get instead of > >
post, you could then just have a button that sends you back 1 in your > >
history, or 2 in this case.> > ...> > ...> >> > Actually wait, it would be
3> >> > form 1 -> results -> edit -> save changes ->\> >
\------------------------------/> >> > hope the format is correct on my
ascii art :)> >> > nope, now that I read it again, it is only 2 back in the
history> >> > So something like this for the back button> >> > <a
href="javascript:history.go(-2);">Return to search results</a>> >> > That
should do> >> > GUIDE LINES FOR USE OF METHOD in forms> > POST Only use post
when you are submitting a form> > that will change the data that you are
submitting> >> > GET Use this for forms that do not change get, but> > only
retrieve data.> >> >> >> > -- > > Jim Lucas> >> > "Some men are born to
greatness, some achieve greatness,> > and some have greatness thrust upon
them."> >> > Twelfth Night, Act II, Scene V> > by William Shakespeare > > --
http://www.php.net/unsub.php>