Re: PHP on .NET DLR

Hello there,

Once upon a time I try to ignite PHP community to develop some kind of client
side php, which failed, because lack of interest (or because of javascript).
In open source world everthing boosted from personal interest.

>  Hi,
>
>  Thanks for chipping in. Silverlight is not a fad, because it is simply an
> outgrowth of a platform that is 10 year old--the .NET. Technology wise, it
> is merely java applets in XAML format. But it provides people already
> working on .NET an easy way to create the gui. Silverlight's most important
> feature is that it is based on MS's greatest strength--the Desktop.

You mean enterprise mumbo jumbo (read as over engineered perfect world
(theorically))

My point of wiev Php can deal on enterprise sector with proper handling. (read
as we had tons of big bad busy websites based on php)

And it doesn't mean PHP have to respond windows desktop development language
requests.

>  Recapitulating:
>
>  a) We have a 10 year old platform the .NET, which while not optimal
> presently, is still being used by a large number of developers.

Hmmm I believe LAMP much older than this, so what is the point ? and you thing
after inroducing php for windows desktop all of those developers penitent to
their c# or vb sins ?

>  b) Now, MS has finally given them something that can leverage MS's 25 year
> Desktop experience.

Hell who cares Ms Desktop Monopoly ?. Because of MS Desktop Monopoly we had
that IE thing. Probably because of IE thing coming of Ajax maybe late 5
years. Entire Web Thingy wants to broke MS Desktop Monoply.

Of course if MS supports PHP in .NET enviroment for Desktop applications
would be nice and ask yourself is Why MS had to do this... ?

PHP was one of the strudiest Open Source project which MS cannot deal.

>  c) PHP can _trivially_ take advantage of both of them--all that's needed
> is to have the community show interest in phalanger, and not let it die.
> Also, the DLR makes porting Dynamic languages very trivial. IT only took MS
> a couple of months to get Ruby on DLR.

If I want to develop big bad nasty desktop thing why should I use PHP and or
what is PHP GTK populartiy... I did not remember anthing big written in php
for Desktop.

>  d) Ruby--now with silverlight--has everything that PHP has--cross
> platform, dynamic, web ready, and now it has become even more compelling,
> because of PHP community's hostility towards the DLR.

Ruby has Rails, ruby has iron oh no ruby has now silver light. It seems Ruby
does not mean anything by himself.

We just had PHP and it seems more than enough to developing dynamic web sites
under LAMP enviroment.

>  e) There are a 1000 other benefits to getting PHP on dotnet. One is that
> many VB folks who are used to the procedural style of the old VB6, would
> start loving PHP and will move to it, considering how complex and different
> VB.net is from VB6.
>
>  PHP on .NET has a 1000 reasons. Phalanger is already there. Why are you
> letting it die?
>
>  Thanks again for your input.

Basically.
Most of us want to generate bad websites to generate some revnue, Some of us
want develop very nasty web applications to replace desktop applications.

Or

Developing desktop application was not fun only for bread. Deskop development
area infested by M$ tools and M$ tranied developers. We cannot compete
against MS with MS rules.

Regards

Sancar