Re: Not quite OT but maybe close... Help with MySQL

On Wed, August 8, 2007 12:56 pm, Jason Pruim wrote:
> I tried asking this question on the MySQL list but haven't gotten
> very many helpful responses... Does anyone know how to successfully
> import a excel file into MySQL (To make it on topic) Using PHP? I
> have tried using LOAD FILE in mysql and it just imports the first row
> of my excel file with no errors...

The EASIEST way is to export it as CSV from Excel and then use LOAD FILE.

If you absolutely have to accept the Excel .xls format:
http://richardlynch.blogspot.com/2007/07/php-microsoft-excel-reader-and-serial.html

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?