Re: Re: get domain component from email

Jim Lucas wrote:
Are all domains that use ccTLD's created/formatted like other not ccTLD's just with the .uk or whatever tagged on the end?

Something like this

your example
stut.co.uk

is this the base for your domain.  Basically, would this be

stut.com if it were a dot.com  ??

or would it be something like...

stut.getyourfreesubdomains.com ??

I guess, this is my question.

When you registered that domain.

you registered stut.co.uk,  right?  or was it something else?

Unfortunately I didn't manage to snag stut.co.uk before Stu Turner did (grr), but yes, a .co.uk is "top level" as far as UK domains go. I cannot register stut.uk.

As I understand it, the IANA don't define what the sponsor can do with each ccTLD when they take control of it. Some, like .uk domains, split it up into smaller chunks (co.uk, org.uk, net.uk, etc). Others, like .it and .be are not split in that way.

Hope that answers your question.

-Stut

--
http://stut.net/