Re: Re: get domain component from email

On 8/7/07, Stut <stuttle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dan wrote:
> > yes co.uk is a tdl.
>
> No it's not, it's a ccTLD which is a TLD specific to a country.
>
> > "Kevin Waterson" <kevin@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> >> Hi all.
> >>
> >> Im looking for a way to get the domain from an email address.
> >> Not sub domains, just the domain, so
> >> luser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >> would return
> >> example.com.mn
> >>
> >> similarly, the address luser@xxxxxxxxxxx would return
> >> example.com
> >>
> >> perhaps an array of tld's, then strip the tld off the end and anything
> >> before that and the next "." is the domain?
> >>
> >> also, somebody told me .co.uk was a tld, but I cannot see it listed
> >> http://www.iana.org/root-whois/index.html
>
> What are you actually trying to achieve?
>
> -Stut
>
> --
> http://stut.net/
>
> --

    I searched my Gmail, but couldn't find the message ID.  However,
this exact topic was covered (with a complete solution) within the
last 60 days.  Searching the archives should bring it up.

--
Daniel P. Brown
[office] (570-) 587-7080 Ext. 272

Hey, PHP-General list.... to give something back to everyone, you guys
can have 50% off every month on hosting plans of $10/mo. or more (list
price) at http://www.pilotpig.net/.
Use the coupon code phpgeneralaug07