Re: Which PHP-Editor to use?

The age old question... is it that time of the year again already?

Some reviews and lists:
http://www.php-editors.com/

I've used Zend Studio for years, and really like it, but lately I've gotten tired of the java virtual machine seeming to hog tons of system resources.

I've also used Crimson Editor for quick and dirty code editing.  Very light weight, syntax highlighting, macros, etc.  No code completion or fancy stuff, but good for a 'text editor' (not really an IDE).

So in exploring alternatives to Zend Studio, I'm evaluating phpDesigner 2007.   It's not a nice as Zend, but has a much happier footprint since it's Windows native.

I couldn't tell you if it requires admin or not.

An alternative if you want to keep using Homesite (an old favorite of mine too from ages ago) is see what it needs admin rights to access and maybe get your admin to change the permissions on those files/folders so your non-admin login has rights.

-TG