How can I get a list of object vars?

Hi list.

I'm trying to write a ORM  in PHP.
I want the ORM to have metadata mapping, which have a list of  properties name
and the value, without using any external file.
(I like simple one, not want messy XML)

I'm thinking PHP's reflective functions might help me to do that
and treid  get_object_vars but it  doesn't  return properties name
and even value itself when it  haven't been assigned any value.

Is there  any good way to get a list of properties name  and the value?
Or some good PHP framework's implementation  to study for this?

Thanks in advance.