Re: Reading registry values

> Hope this isn't overkill but it is a module (read "COM", or "VBA module")
> to manipulate the registry:

"Overkill" is a massive understatement. :-)

As noted elsewhere in this thread, I got what I wanted by using the PHP "exec"
command to execute a VB script, which has all the registry access I need. Much
simpler than compiling and installing a COM object module. :-)

To answer everyone's curiosity as to why I want to access the registry, I am
working on my home computer with a dynamic IP, and I need to know what it is so
I can modify my httpd.conf (or hosts) file, if necessary. The ASP page I am
converting is my browser home page, which has lots of useful stuff I obtain with
server side scripts. Here is a snapshot (no, this isn't my home server).
http://crash.thedatalist.com/temp/home16m.png

I am currently running both servers (Apache and IIS), but I'd like to use a
universal scripting format.
--
Crash
Please reply to the group. E-mail is blocked.