Re: Reading registry values

I'm not sure that there's actually anything you'd need to access in the server registry (and certainly no registry in Linux if you're also transitioning from Windows to Linux).   And depending on what the ActiveX control your ASP pages accessed actually does, it may be better to recreate it in PHP instead of trying to access ActiveX via PHP.

What, exactly, is being pulled from the registry and if the ActiveX control does more than just facilitate registry access, what else does it do that you'd need to emulate?

I have a feeeling that you don't need to worry about these things after you transition to PHP and Apache.

More info please? :)

-TG