Re: how to use imagestring() function with Chinese String

Davis Chan wrote:
brian wrote:

Does the font you're using support Chinese characters? Are the

Good point, I think I am just using the "default" and size 1. Are there other fonts? Where can I find the font file for imageloadfont()?

You'll need to find a TrueType font that supports Chinese characters. See the imageloadfont & imagettftext pages in the manual:

http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.imageloadfont.php
http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.imagettftext.php

characters coming through in $_GET ok?

echo $_GET[...]; is fine.

How *are* the characters coming through in $_GET?

May I ask what does this mean?

How is the string encoded (UTF-8, GB-2312, etc.)?

But i think you're problem lies with the font you're using. Once you find a suitable font, you can point your script to it somewhere on the server (it does not have to be under the DocumentRoot) to load it.

brian