Re: Hide the real URL

Eric Butera wrote:
On 7/27/07, Richard Lynch <ceo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Fri, July 27, 2007 8:20 am, Eric Butera wrote:

Not everyone has the option to do that.  Plus I think it is
unintuitive to have things outside of your actual "web site."  You can
disallow traffic with Apache fairly easily if you're paranoid of such
things.

If your host doesn't give you a directory outside the webtree, find a
new host that does :-)

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?

We have our own dedicated server that we host client sites on.  If I
were to back out into the root then I would be at the level of all the
other sites.  It just doesn't make sense in my case.

Then you haven't set up your directories properly, IMHO.

Let's say you want all of your client web directories under /var/www/vhosts. Create a dir for each client and set up each of your DocumentRoots as a dir inside of that one. This way all of your clients now have a directory above their web root that they can place into anything they want to keep private.

/var/www/vhosts/client_[1 .. n]/htdocs

brian