Re: Authentication

On Friday 27 July 2007 20:51:51 Dan Shirah wrote:
> All,
>
> I looked on PHP.net but I couldn't not find anything suitable to answer my
> question.
>
> Within PHP, is there a way to pull the name of the user that is currently
> logged into the PC?
>
> I know with some of the _SERVER functions you can pull the IP of the
> machine and other data, is there a function within this family that would
> work?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dan

Not sure and not tested.

If my memory correct there where some options in AD login scripts to update
dns records of current machine.

So if you can update logged machine dns records with containing current user
information.

You may retreive that information from dns.

Otherwise (except Activex solutions) there is no other way to pull this kind
of information from client.

Regards

Sancar