error reporting

I'm running PHP 5.1 on IIS.  My dev environment is all local on my
machine.  My php.ini has the following error reporting settings:

error_reporting  =  E_ALL
display_errors = Off
display_startup_errors = Off
log_errors = On
log_errors_max_len = 1024
ignore_repeated_errors = Off
ignore_repeated_source = Off
report_memleaks = On
track_errors = Off
error_log = syslog

To test, I've written a little script that divides by 0.  When I run
the script from the command line, I get entries in my Event Log as
expected, but if I load the page into my browser (Firefox), no error is
reported in the Event Log.

I've checked http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.errorfunc.php but can't
find anything there.  I figure I must be missing something pretty
obvious but not sure what it is.  The script and logged error from the
command line are below.  Thanks for any help.

script:
<?php

	$a = 5;
	$b = 0;
	$c = $a / $b;
	echo $c;
?>

logged error from command line:
The description for Event ID ( 2 ) in Source ( PHP-5.1.2 ) cannot be
found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry
information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote
computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this
description; see Help and Support for details. The following information
is part of the event: php[2132], PHP Warning:  Division by zero in
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\PHP\Testing\error.php on line 11.

Regards,

Bruce