magic quotes

Hi all,

I've been having a problem with a setting on a test server and
production server. My test server has magic_quotes_gpc off, but the
production server has it turned on. I've no access to the php.ini for
the production server and don't want to change the setting on my test
server.

Searching on the internet, I found some ways to deal with this kind of thing:

use a .htaccess file to turn magic_quotes off by saving a text file
with the line:

magic_quotes_gpc off

Or making a function to strip slashes like this:

if (magic_quote_gpc()) {
stripslashes_array($_GET);
stripslashes_array($_POST);
stripslashes_array($_REQUEST);
stripslashes_array($_COOKIE);
}

What do people on this list usually do with this kind of problem. To
me, the .htaccess seems the easiest solution, since I don't have to
change any scripts.

cheers

Phil P.