Re: Re: PHP Brain Teasers

On 7/7/07, tedd <tedd@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
At 4:16 PM +0200 7/6/07, Tijnema wrote:
>From which point in the evolution do you call it a chicken egg? See it
>like bytes, 00000000 is a fish egg, and 11111111 is a chicken egg,
>then it went from fish egg to chicken egg like this:
>00000001
>00000011
>00000111
>00001111
>00011111
>00111111
>01111111
>11111111
>
>So, at which point do you call it which egg, same with the fish and
>the chicken itself. If you call the fish earlier a chicken than you
>call the fish egg a chicken egg, then the chicken was first, if you
>call the fish egg earlier a chicken egg than you call the fish a
>chicken, then the chicken egg was first...

Tijnema:

For good grief -- you're going to hurt yourself thinking that way.

The world is not made of one's and zero's but rather thresholds,
chaotic systems, and a bunch of weird stuff we haven't figured out
yet.

Thank god for that ;) All that computers with ones and zeros is enough :P
But, you CAN compare it with ones and zeros :)

We observe phenomena, we develop algorithms and use them until they
don't fit observations anymore and then we develop others to take
their place. And all the while we believe that we have figured
something out, that we know what the answer is -- but the "truth" of
the matter is we're like children putting our tinker toys together to
mimic the things around us. From our perspective, we're pretty good
at it. But, I wonder what the perspective will be one thousand years
from now? Do you think todays answers will serve tomorrow's questions?

Not tomorrow's questions ;) next year maybe...

You know, I was a lot smarter when I was younger and knew better.

Cheers,

tedd

They all say that ;)

Tijnema

ps. This was a late night reply, ... Or I should say early morning ;)
--
Vote for PHP Color Coding in Gmail! -> http://gpcc.tijnema.info