Re: how PHP is batter?

This is an important debate and I would hope to see a more lively discussion. Many of us have to validate our choices and our employers don't care about anti-microsoft and anti-corporation arguments (I do believe the open-source versus closed-source argument is a valid one to make to your employers). I'm sure this question has come up many times on this board (and countless others), which might be why it is such a volatile topic.

Though, this has been an ongoing debate for many years... the debate is very fluid. Arguments made in the past, like ASP.NET only works on IIS, might not be valid today. Much of the literature out there does not reflect this. I would like to offer this to the debate, benchmarks showing PHP to run faster:

http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/benchmarks.html

I thought this was a very interesting find, as ASP.NET is a compiled language. Theoretically, this would give ASP.NET an advantage as far as speed is concerned. Does anyone else have other evidence where ASP.NET has been shown to run faster? I don't think the benchmark I have given is very valid.
Thanks,
Adam