Re: Flash / Ajax / PHP

On 6/30/07, tedd <tedd@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

At 10:30 AM -0500 6/29/07, David Giragosian wrote:
>I've recently been using some limited free time to explore the Freemovie
>(Flash-PHP API) and Ajax technologies.
>
>Can anyone help me to understand whether these can be used together? Can
I,
>for example, pull data from MySQL, dynamically alter Flash function
>parameters, then use Ajax to deliver the new content?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>David

David:

Short answer is yes, you can pull all these together to deliver content.

However, you need to understand not only php, but ActionScript. I
don't see why you would need Ajax to do this because you would first
create the Flash segment in the background and then simply bring it
forward and present it in a Flash player..

I think I have an idea of what you are trying to do and I believe it
would be best if you created graphics in the background using php and
then brought it forward with Ajax as data changed, all without the
need for flash.

But, if you want to investigate the Flash-PHP connection try Google
"actionscript and php"

Cheers,

tedd
--
-------

Thanks tedd and zerof.

tedd, I did as you suggested above with graphics created with PHP/GD and
pulled with Ajax ( http://home.capecod.net/~cape84/Monitor.PNG  for a static
example ) but the image, when updated, is still unstable on IE while still
_perfectly_ stable on FireFox. I'm guessing I'm gonna have to live with
suggesting users view with FireFox but I'll try to mock up a test case with
Flash to satisfy my curiosity.

Thanks,

David