Re: RE: Address book - LDAP or MySQL?

On 6/29/07, Jay Blanchard <jblanchard@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Twas me. LDAP is not a database it is a protocol for accessing a
directory service which is the abstraction layer for the actual data
repository namespace.

And an LDAP server will typically house said repository namespace.  Like
OpenLDAP using BerkDB.
I think thats where people are getting confused.  The difference between
LDAP as a protocol and LDAP servers,
which incorporate the protocol and the directory storage.
(please correct me if im wrong [like i had to ask :)])

-nathan