Re: PHP P O K E R...... and JAVA (convert)

Hey Nathan,

Cool! Thanks for taking the time to find and fix that error and your suggestions below...
Will give you a buzz if I run into a programming stonewall.

Cheers!

Nathan Nobbe <quickshiftin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: Ryan,

if you want to port the java code to php it wouldnt be very difficult since
this code doesnt rely heavily on much besides core language constructs.
really you could just save it as a php file and start making changes where
needed; it wouldnt take too long to port.
as for the compilation issue i took a look at this myself and discovered
some broken logic in the flush method.

 for (int i=0; i=  0 && sorted[i] <= 12) suitA++;
      else if (sorted[i] >= 13 && sorted[i] <= 25) suit

i converted this to

    for (int i=0; i < fv.length; i++) {
      if(i >=  0 && sorted[i] <= 12) suitA++;

though im not sure if that is correct (spent about 5 minutes on it) a quick
guess tells me it should be.
The HandRanker class is dependent upon another proprietary class
HandRankwhich is burried in a link (not in blue text) on the page you
provided us.
There are actually links in the statement.
          This HandRanker
class is used to
calculate the rank of a poker hand. It uses the
HandRank  class to
store the rank of the poker hand.
So if you just make 2 files
    HandRanker.java
    HandRank.java
Place the respective class definitions in those files (put them in the same
directory for simplicity).
Apply the patch i provided above to HandRanker.java (lines 123, 124)
 then issue (at command prompt)
javac HandRanker.java

and you should have the compiled code :)

-nathan