Re: PHP P O K E R...... and JAVA (convert)

Hey all!

 So you expect PHP ppl to do your job and test a JAVA class to tell u
if it's worth porting it to php?
    Nice thoughts...
Andy... why be a moron?
I just wanted someone with java knowledge to have a look at the code and see if it ran properly.. something that should take an experienced java person less than 5 minutes of their time.

I have been on this list for years, and since i have not seen you very often until lately I will assume you have kind of recently joined... my point is, in the years that i have been on and off the list I have seen time and again people willing to help by sparing few minutes (heck in some instances even a few hours trying to help newbies)...  if you dont want to help, dont reply to the thread instead of acting like a moron.

Tijnema, thanks for giving it a go...
Sorry it didnt compile,with my limited (and old) rusty knowledge of java 1.1 i couldnt make out too much and i dont have any java server to run this on to check it.
I pretty much left Java years back once i started using php.... I used to use servlets and JSPs back then.

Actually, I'm only interested in the logic... it does present quite a challenge to find out the best hand (and second best etc) from 2 hole cards (into x players) and 5 community cards.

I did create a little script to deal the cards (http://webbmatte.se/cards.php if you would like to see the code just tell me)
next i would just like to print out which is the strongest etc.

Any ideas or suggestions are most welcome.

Thanks!

------
- The faulty interface lies between the chair and the keyboard.
- Creativity is great, but plagiarism is faster!
- Smile, everyone loves a moron. :-)