using CURL or something similar to click on a link

Hi All,

I just recently started writing a php script that would get some search
results from some other sites and display them.

I believe the only php way to do this is using CURL. am I correct?? or is
there a more efficient way to do this?

Anyways, i got it working fine with curl, except one site where I need to
click on a link before doing the search. I can't find a way to click on a
link using CURL. is this possible?

Thanks in advance,
Siavash