Re: Problems with matrix

Andres Rojas wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm new in PHP programming and I have a problem with this script. I need
> to read a large file around 2Mb and several lines (28000). All start Ok,
> but suddenly the script stop without message error.

1. check your error log (apache error log probably)
2. check phpinfo() for what your memory limit is
3. how many 'lines' are output before the script dies?

it seems very much like your hitting the set memory limit.
have you tried running the script from the cmdline? (cmdline php does
have a memory limit set by default)

at the *very* least your going to use 4 Megs for the data (2M for the
and 2M for the data your sticking in the $mday (etc) arrays - thats on top
of the base memory overhead and overhead for the underlying variable structures
themselves.