Re: PHP calling an ISAPI Extension

On 6/22/07, Tijnema <tijnema@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 6/22/07, FrozenDice <frozendice@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> What do you mean not all the data is sent at once?  I'm doing a http
> request, the browser responds sending back the code for the page.
> I've never heard of it sending back multiple responses.  Plus I'm
> controling what the server sends from the ISAPI code, I'm only sending
> info back once.  I'm kinda confused on this whole not sending all the
> data at once.
>
> - Dan

That's just the way how our network works :)
HTTP is over TCP/IP.
TCP/IP sends data in packets, each package is max. 1500 bytes.
So, when your server sends a site of let's say 1200 bytes then all
data will be in one single packet. But when your site returned is more
then 1500 bytes, your site will be split across multiple packets.
Reading with fread stops after a package is available...
This is also noted in the second warning on the fread manual page[1].

Tijnema

ps. Please don't top post

pps. When you make reply, make sure you have the PHP list in your To:
or Cc:, most mail clients allow you to use "Reply to all" for this.

[1] http://www.php.net/fread

Thanks, I'm pretty new to Newsgroups so I don't know all the
etiquette.  I'm actually sometimes reading through email but usually
I'm using a newsreader so when a message doen't get to the server it's
because I forgot to click reply all in gmail.

I'll give another look at your code and try to implement it.  It
shouldn't take too much longer because the page it's calling is on the
same machine.  :D

- Dan